Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fashion Thought

I was recently contacted via Facebook about a project that a few fashion students that I am somehow involved with are constructing. Basically these fashion students wanted all of their "friends" to fill out involved surveys about fashion, and all of our thoughts about current trends, past trends, trends we find not so good, trends we love, and ideas that we feel have not been explored in fashion. I thought that this survey was so fun! I found myself answering the questions in ways I would not have expected. For example...I was not aware of my hatred for the neon trend...or my love of all things vintage or antique- actually that is not true, I have known for sometime that I love antiquity.

For my first blog, I thought I would ask anyone who stumbles upon my new page to tell me about a trend they would love to see boom! Maybe the trend is already in the works, or maybe it is from another time, but I want to know what people want to see.

I find this question hard to answer, because my personal style is so eclectic that I often mix and match many different trends and styles from past and present to create a look. I guess I would have to say I would like to see ultra feminine pieces (for women haha) rise in popularity. I think feminine pieces are always beautiful, classic, and they give any look a polished quality. Now, this is not to say I would like to see only flowy dresses, floral prints, and pink blouses...I love feminine pieces mixed with staple pieces. For example, one of my favorite outfits I have been sporting recently is a pair of dark straight leg distressed jeans, with a white cami, and a petal pink cropped cardigan. I love the ultra girly piece with something more....grunge? Edgy? You get my point! I think this style takes many forms (ie. the jeans and high heels outfit every girl has used for going out) but I want to see a more extreme version.

So please, if you have the time or interest, please respond to this blog...You may be surprised by your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment